Even the most expensive modern cars lose their presentable appearance over the years. The lacquer coating ages, destroys under the influence of extreme temperatures, precipitation, exposure to ultraviolet sunlight. Microscopic scratches appear in the varnish layer, which expand over time.
Subsequently, the microcracks only become more visible. The luster of the old paint fades and the variety of varnishes can only give a temporary effect. The more expensive the car, the more it loses its appeal. The optimal outcome of such phenomena may be liquid wax, taking into account its excellent regenerative properties.
What is liquid wax
Each of us is familiar with the concept of ordinary wax, but what kind of wax is it for a car? This is a product from the field of car chemistry, which is designed to create a protective coating on the paintwork of a car. It must be water-repellent.
In addition, car wax must:
- prevent premature aging of the coating and its destruction;
- facilitate subsequent washing with manual and automatic means;
- speed up drying and increase its efficiency;
- and most importantly, maintain the attractive appearance of the car.
Regardless of which car wax is most suitable for one or another car brand, it must withstand the penetration of aggressive components under the surface of the coating. Even at first glance, it is easy to distinguish between treated and untreated bodies. It is visually noticeable that the treated coating shines and shines, has a smooth surface. You can also quickly recognize such coatings in wet weather. On the wax, raindrops do not spread over the entire surface. First they are collected in balls and then just rolled out of the body.
If you ignore this procedure, road dirt and dust will eventually penetrate deeper below the surface of the lacquer coating and accumulate inside. Increasingly, you will need to visit car washes to restore the visual appeal of the car. By using wax, you can save your car from these problems in a relatively short period of time and at a low cost.
What to expect from waxing
Applying wax is the best way to keep the car's paint performance. But it's not just about aesthetic features. The wax provides protection to the body and prevents premature aging of the coating.
It is best to entrust the work to specialists who have the necessary qualifications, production facilities and equipment. Adherence to the application technology in combination with high-quality ingredients guarantees long-term operation, while maintaining a cool appearance.
Pros and cons of a wax mask
The advantages of this method of paint protection are more than enough. It is popular among car lovers for the following reasons:
- creates a durable and aesthetically pleasing coating, restores its shine;
- reduces the amount of dirt penetrating cracks and bumps, which facilitates the maintenance of the car;
- takes less time to dry the vehicle;
- creates a high quality protective coating against harmful ultraviolet radiation, dust and dirt.
All cars can and should be coated with liquid or solid wax products. Manufacturers often even advise to perform a similar procedure before the first sale of a new car in the dealer's salon. In addition, a wax mask is recommended for those cars that have been polished to restore worn wear.
Despite the many positive aspects, the wax mask procedure has its drawbacks. Among them is the high price of some works, if they are made in a professional service with the help of foreign means of car care from well-known manufacturers. Another point could be related to the possibility of noticeable spots or streaks on the body if the procedure is performed unprofessionally.
Types of liquid wax
Which is the best car wax is traditionally asked by drivers.
Today there are 3 main types of this car chemical product, each with its own characteristics:
- Cold automotive waxis characterized by a significant content of surfactants that are cationic in their active composition. Another essential ingredient is the emulsion. The application of such a product perfectly fills the smallest cracks, scratches and any kind of irregularities. Even the best cars in terms of cost and finish can be cold-waxed. A reliable protective layer is created, the shine of the body is increased, washing is easier and the drying process is accelerated. A manual method is used for application and polishing. It is recommended to repeat the procedure after several washes to consolidate the effect.
- Hot car waxis a paraffin-containing substance with a soft texture, it can be either artificial or natural. Even the artificial variety is one of the best synthetic waxes. High-quality types of these products include so-called carnauba wax. It is characterized by a high melting point, special transparency, increased resistance to mechanical damage. Such chemicals usually melt in the temperature range of 40-90 degrees Celsius. The protective properties of such a coating remain unchanged for 6-12 months. Hard wax with hard paste must first be brought to a different state - for this it is diluted with hot water. You can apply it with a clean cloth or napkin, and then gently polish the body with slow circular motions. In the expensive varieties of varnishes can be added special additives that have anti-corrosion purpose. Liquid hot wax is more expensive than cold wax due to its components.
- By analogy with the hot variety, the so-calledfoam wax has similar properties.It is no longer applied manually, but with the help of specific equipment. Therefore, the synthetic wax, liquid or solid, is diluted with water to form an emulsion. Air is added to it and the finished combination is sprayed on the surface of the car body. It is the foam emulsion in the ranking of synthetic automotive waxes that is considered to be the most effective in terms of creating a protective layer. It not only spreads evenly, but also adheres perfectly to the surface.
With the exception of the foam emulsion, any other spray wax is easy to apply and spread by hand. However, to rely on long-term operation, the machine is thoroughly washed and dried before the procedure, after which it is ready for the procedure. Shake the liquid car wax bottle thoroughly before applying the product.
Treatment should not be performed in direct sunlight. It is recommended to apply the protective agent from the roof, gradually descending to the bottom of small areas. First, the agent is sprayed on the entire body surface and after 15-20 minutes it can be rubbed in with gentle circular motions. In fact, both hot and cold wax are great for handmade. Manufacturers of car care products pay attention: the ambient temperature during processing should not differ from the temperature of the product itself by no more than 20 degrees in one direction or another.
Which car is better
There is a large selection of car care products on the market and it is not always possible to find a clear answer to the question "how to cover" - which wax is better for this or that car. Not all of them adhere to and apply equally.
It is better to define car paints in advance in terms of their performance:
- spray wax.Considered the worst choice, because after 1-2 washes or the same amount of rain there will be no traces of protection. Processing will have to be repeated again and again;
- Liquid form of a wax product.Considered the best wax to create a protective layer. For a long time, it will delight the driver with the impeccable appearance of his car, subject to technology, time and effort. The clean car is thoroughly dried and then you can apply the product in a liquid state. To make the body shine like new, it is additionally blown out with an air jet;
- is a hard, waxy product.Recommended for those motorists who are constantly looking for an answer to the question of which wax is best for protecting the body in all weather conditions. It should be applied on a dry and cleaned surface and immediately afterwards polished well;
- hot waxcreates the brightest shine possible. For use, the product must be diluted with hot water.
When choosing car care products for your iron horse, you need to pay attention to its color. The white body of the car needs protection more than others. On such machines, the traces of the negative impact of environmental factors appear most noticeably. The high-quality wax will emphasize the color and will give the coating a "brilliant shine" effect, will create a high-quality protective layer and will prevent the precipitation of dust particles.